The goal of this study is to compare the performance of a new, recently-launched contact lens (Total30 by Alcon) to an established product (Biofinity by CooperVision). Each lens will be worn by participants for one month.
About the study
This study consists of 3 in-office appointments over 2 months:
- Visit 1 & 2 – Screening, lens fitting, baseline measurements and dispense of 1st study lens – 1.75 hours
- Visit 3 – 1-month follow-up, dispensing of 2nd study lens – 1.25 hours
- Visit 4 – 1-month follow-up and study exit – 1 hour
- At-home questionnaires – Complete at-home questionnaires on 3 days during each month – 1 hour
Total time commitment – 5 hours
What are the requirements?
To be eligible for this study, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 17+
- Currently wearing spherical soft contact lenses that are replaced bi-weekly or monthly
- Are able to wear the study lenses for at least 6 days/week and 8 hours/day during the study
- Contact lens prescription between -12.00 and +8.00 D
In appreciation of the time involved, you will receive you will receive $20 per hour, or $100 upon study completion. Parking passes will be provided as required.
Safety during COVID-19
We want to let you know that we have revised several of our protocols to keep participants and researchers safe during the pandemic, including enhanced cleaning and mandatory wearing of masks by everyone. Measures we have taken to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 are explained in an “Information Letter: COVID-19 Risks for In-Person Research Study Visits” which we will ask you to sign in the event you participate.
Please note that you will be within 2m (6 feet) of the researcher during some or most of the study visit time. At all times, the furthest possible distance will be maintained.
Please note, if you are aged 60 and above, you are considered at a greater risk for severe illness from the COVID-19 virus.
How to participate
If you are interested in participating, please create a volunteer profile at the link below and we will contact you with more information. If you are already a registered CORE volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the study name STINGRAY. You will be provided with all relevant study information prior to study enrollment and you are under no obligation to participate.