1 in 4 new contact wearers stop using contacts within twelve months, often citing handling issues. The purpose of this study is to compare a relatively new contact lens to another lens on the market to see if there are differences in the handling experience with these two lens types.
About the study
If eligible, you will be asked to follow the study instructions and attend the following visits:
- Visit 1 – Screening, lens
insertion training and lens dispensing visit – 2 hours
- Optional: Additional lens handling training – 1 hour
- Visit 2 – 1-week-follow-up visit & study exit – 0.75 hour
Total time commitment – 2.75 hours (3.75 hours if additional lens handling training is required)
The visits will include standard clinical procedures that you might encounter when you attend an eye exam. You will also be trained in the use of inserting and removing contact lenses.
What are the requirements?
- You are between 18 and 40 years of age
- You have no previous experience with inserting or wearing contact lenses
- You are willing to learn how to insert and remove contact lenses and to wear the study contacts for a week on a daily disposable basis
In appreciation of your time you will receive up to $55. (You will receive an extra $20 if an additional visit for lens handling training is required.) Parking passes will be provided as required.
How to participate
If you are interested in participating, please call 519-888-4742 and provide the study ID: SALUKI. You will be provided with all relevant study information prior to study enrollment and you are under no obligation to participate.