The purpose of this study is to evaluate the clinical performance of two new prototypes of a silicone hydrogel soft contact lens.
About the study
You will wear 2 different monthly contact lenses for the duration of this study. If eligible, you will be asked to follow the study instructions and attend the following visits:
- Visit 1 & 2 (normally both visits are combined)
Screening, baseline & eligibility assessments –1 hour
Randomization, lens fit & assessments, dispense & instruction of lens care – 1 hour
- Visit 3 – 2 week follow-up – 1 hour (to be done via phone-call)
- Visit 4 – 4 week follow-up and study exit.– 1 hour
Participants will be required to complete questions about the contacts at-home, between their study visits. These are to be completed on specific days and returned at the next visit. (1 hour for all questionnaires)
Total time commitment – 5 hours over 4 visits. Study length – 1 month.
The study tests are standard assessments that you might encounter when you attend a regular eye exam, and some involve touching your eye/eyelids.
What are the requirements?
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have been wearing soft contact lenses for at least 3 months
- You usually wear contact lenses for at least 6 hours per day and 3 days a week, and are willing to wear contact lenses for at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week while in the study
- You require a contact lenses power between -1.00 and -6.00 DS.
In appreciation of your time, you will receive $20 per hour, up to $100 for study completion. Parking tokens will be provided if you drive to your appointments.
How to participate
If you are interested in participating, please email email@example.com with the subject line: BERNESE. You will be provided with all relevant study information prior to study enrolment and you are under no obligation to participate.