What are we trying to learn?
The purpose of this study is to compare the performance of two lubricating eye drops in patients with dry eye symptoms. If selected, you will be randomly assigned 1 of the 2 study eye drops and will be asked to use them 4 times per day for the duration of the study of approximately 6 months.
The results from this study will help enable practitioners to recommend the most suitable eye drop product to their patient who experiences dry eye symptoms.
About the study
If eligible, you will be asked to follow the study instructions and attend the following visits.
- Visit 1 – Screening to determine eligibility– 0.5 hour
- Visit 2 – Baseline
measurement & product dispense – 1 hour
*Visit 1 & 2 are completed on the same day, back-to-back.
- Visit 3 – 1-month-follow-up visit & product dispense – 1 hour
- Visit 4 – 2-month-follow-up visit & product dispense – 1 hour
- Visit 5 – 3-month-follow-up visit & product dispense – 1 hour
- Visit 6 – 4-month-follow-up visit & product dispense – 1 hour
- Visit 7 – 5-month-follow-up visit & product dispense – 1 hour
- Visit 8 – 6-month-follow-up visit & study exist – 1 hour
Total time commitment – 7.5 hours
The visits will include standard clinical procedures that you might encounter when you attend an eye exam.
What are the requirements?
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You have experienced dry eye symptoms in the past 6 months
- You are not wearing any contact lenses
- You are willing and able to follow instructions and maintain the appointment schedule
How to participate
If you are interested in participating, please firstname.lastname@example.org and write the study ID, “JASMINE”, as the email title. If you have questions or would like more details, please call 519-888-4742. You will be provided with all relevant study information prior to study enrollment and you are under no obligation to participate.