What are we trying to learn?
The objective of this study is to evaluate the performance of new prototype contact lenses, with particular focus on comfort. These lenses have been modified in an attempt to enhance the tear film around the lens, with the ultimate goal to improve comfort.
About the study
This study involves 5 study visits across a lens wear period of 2 weeks. The study visits are:
- Visit # 1 & 2 (normally both visits are combined) – Screening visit to determine eligibility (1.5 hours) and dispensing of study lenses (1 hour) – 2.5 hours total
- Visit # 3 & 4 (normally both visits are combined) – Follow up visit (1 hour) and dispensing of study lenses (1 hour) – 2 hours total
- Visit 5: End of study visit and study exit – 1 hour
Total in-visit time commitment – 5.5 hours
You will also be asked to complete 2 short questionnaires during the study (10 minutes in total).
The visits will include standard clinical procedures that you might encounter when you attend an eye exam.
What are the requirements?
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You experience dryness or discomfort while wearing your contact lenses
- You can be fit with the study contact lenses
- You habitually wear soft, spherical contact lenses for at least 6 hrs/day, 3 days/week
- You are willing to wear the study contact lenses for at least 8hrs/day, 5 days/week for the duration of the study
- You own a pair of glasses that permit participation in daily activities, including safe working and driving.
In appreciation of your time, you will receive $110 upon study completion
How to participate
If you are interested in participating, please create a volunteer profile at the link below and we will contact you with more information. If you are already a registered CORE volunteer, please contact us using the link below and mention the study name BLUEBERRY.
If you have questions about this study or would like more information, please call us on 519-888-4742 or email (email@example.com) and mention the study name BLUEBERRY #1